January 5, 2010

S.N.S. Herning NAVAL


James Dean gets his calcium.

Somebody told me a long time ago (when I was a "husky" in Sears and Roebucks terms and much too young to be worrying about these sorts of things) that vertical stripes are the way to go and horizontal stripes are not my friend.  Today, I enjoy the look of vertical stripes to a tremendous extent, not so much because I suspect it makes me appear thinner but because it evokes a traditional, "university" feel that I am very much comforted by, perhaps because I associate the time I spent in college with the total absence of technology in my life and the constant company of books and music.  In any case, I'm too far gone to try horizontal French naval stripes.  (Or navy stripes, depending on where you are.  In Canada, they call their bacon "bacon.") However, I think it's a cool and timeless look and I would like to see it adopted more by young and adventurous people this year. The NAVAL (below) from S.N.S. Herning was first issued in 1979, sewn in Denmark on old imported German machines and is available in two color patterns from one of my favorite stockists, Inventory.




No comments:

Post a Comment