December 3, 2009

Quoddy® and J.Crew

Among the latest batch of classic American brands to be picked up by J.Crew in their ever-growing "partnership" effort is the legendary Perry, Maine shoemaker, Quoddy® .  I happen to love Quoddy products (my boat shoes are pictured below) so I'm glad about the potential visibility boost that comes with the J.Crew add.  While it might seem like a less logical pairing than Quoddy's association with more independent labels who offer primarily American-made items (like South Willard or Freeman Sporting Club) I still think it works.  So far, it looks like only three models have been picked up and only one of them is for men.  I found the Grizzly Boots through a search on jcrew.com but I cannot find them linked to the front page of the shop so I'm not sure if these are officially announced yet.  In any case, if you are looking for a pair of individually hand-made moccasin boots constructed from Horween leather, these may be just what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment