December 6, 2009

Fishin' Fancy

It's 36 degrees here in Nashville but I can't stop looking at these old fishing photos from the Library of Congress database.  You may notice the common thread (there's always a common thread) being that all of these fellow are dressed up rather nicely for fishing by today's standards.  This tells me one of two things:  Either people took more pride in the way they dressed for fishing (and photos) in those days OR these gentlemen will literally fish any time and anywhere they can, regardless of where they have come from or where they might be going.  I can't decide but either way, I hope you find these as enjoyable as I have:




Can you name the famous opera singer on the right?




The bow tie makes this.




Is the Tarpon like the Jackalope of the sea?




Have vest, will fish.





1 in a series. Bavarian royalty?




And number 2.




Fishing buddies.




Smoke 'em out.




Fishing Patrol 

No comments:

Post a Comment