February 14, 2010

Billy Reid: Making The South Proud

Friday night, to kick off New York Fashion Week (an event that I don't actually keep up with), GQ (a magazine that I don't actually read) announced its winner of the GQ/CFDA Best New Menswear Designer in America Award to be none other than The South's own native son, Billy Reid.  Nashville is fortunate to be home to one of Reid's seven stores and every time I'm there I'm struck by how perfectly he captures the distinct essence of timeless southern style while maintaining a completely original and modern approach.  Bottom line: nobody deserves this award more than the man in Alabama.

Another thing I like about Reid?  He's a champion of local independent music.  Like local kindred spirits Imogene+Willie, the Nashville shop plays host to a variety of cool live music nights.  I ask you, what could be better than great style and live music?

Congratulations to Billy Reid!

No comments:

Post a Comment