January 9, 2011

Glengarry Look: Brunch With The In-Laws


  • Brooks Brothers OCBD
  • J. Crew wool cardigan
  • J. Crew cords
  • J. Press belt
  • Timex
  • Mast General Store wool socks
  • L.L. Bean Ranger Mocs


My wife's father is a Chicago native and now resides just north of there in Lincolnshire, IL. Now that my wife and her sister have provided him his only five grandchildren between them, he visits our fair city as often as possible. This weekend we enjoyed one such visit and today, as is our tradition, we all met for brunch before he caught his flight home. We took them to a local delicatessen that has been a Sunday favorite for us for what feels like forever. Never-ending pancakes for the kids, endless omelet possibilities for the grownups, and the consistently good (and hot) basic coffee make it the kind of place that's hard to grow tired of, even after all these years.

2 comments:

  1. A great tradition. And a great look for you, the sweater and pant combination is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, James! I have much respect for my family and I want my appearance to reflect that when I am with them.

    ReplyDelete